Get Rego for a vehicle interstate If you have a vehicle that is currently registered interstate, or has expired interstate registration, you will need to register it in NSW. You need to go to a motor registry, or send an authorised representative, to register the vehicle. What you need to provide:
  • Proof of your identity, or, if you're registering the vehicle in the name of a company or organisation, proof that the company or organisation is a legal entity.
  • Proof of entitlement to register the vehicle. Note: To be exempt Stamp Duty in NSW you must provide evidence that you paid stamp duty in the State in which the vehicle was previously registered. You must provide a current certificate of registration. If the certificate has been lost, an RTA motor registry can organise verification. (miniumum 48 hours required for verification)
  • Proof of your residential address in NSW.
  • A hard copy green slip or CTP Policy Receipt with the number plate section blank (except for trailers). The period of cover must be 12 months for light vehicles.
  • A blue slip from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station (AUVIS).
  • Evidence of repairs if the vehicle is a repairable write-off.
  • An engineer's certificate if the vehicle has been modified beyond the owner-certified level, or is an Individually Constructed Vehicle (ICV).
  • The interstate number plates.
  • A completed Application for Registration form, available from the Registration Forms link below.
  • Evidence of your eligibility for a pensioner or other concession if you intend to claim one.
  • A Representative's Authority if the vehicle is being registered in the name of an organisation, or if you send someone to register the vehicle for you.
    • For a company, the Director or an authorised delegate must complete and sign the Representative's section on the Application for Registration form, or provide a letter of authorisation on letterhead.
    • In the case of an incorporated association, the Public Officer must sign.
    • In all cases, the authorised representative must provide proof of their identity.
  • Payment for fees, taxes and charges.
  • All vehicles presented for registration (including interstate and imported vehicles) may need to be inspected by the RTA's Vehicle Identification Inspection Unit (VIIU). There is an additional fee for this inspection. If your vehicle needs a VIIU inspection, you will be notified at the time of registration.
What you need to pay:
  • Registration fees.
  • Stamp duty.
  • Number plate fees.
  • Inspection fee (the blue slip).
  • Vehicle identification inspection fee.
  • CTP insurance premium (the green slip).
For further information, please contact our expert Mechanic in Bondi Junction

Our Services

Authorised Safety Inspections
Pink Slip Inspections
Blue Slip Inspections
CTI Green Slips
All Mechanical Repairs
Log Book Servicing
Brake and Clutch Repairs
Steering and Suspension
Tyres and Wheel Alignments
Pick-up and Delivery
6 Days a Week
  • Cars and Light Vehicle
  • LPG Systems
  • Identity and Design Check
  • Defect Notice Clearance

Does your car need NEW REGO?

Are you too busy?

One phone call does it all!

Call Rego2GO Now!

(02) 9386 0001

Ebley St
Bondi Junction
NSW 2022, Australia

Copyright © 2024 All Rights Reserved

crossmenu linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram